Friday 13 September 2013

A blog a day in september - 13th September 2013 - positive thinking day

Day 13 - September 13th........ Positive Thinking Day

Think positive!!!!!



10 ways to create a positive day  (taken from http://www.positivethinkingday.com/)

1. Use affirmations - Read and listen to affirmations so that you can begin to change your self-talk.
2. Intention - Set your intention each morning to have a positive day! Remember you choose your attitude!
3. Mindfulness - Keep your attention in the present moment.
4. Link to think -Pick something you do frequently (perhaps making a phone call) and let that be a reminder to think a positive thought.
5. Gratitude - Develop an attitude of gratitude by keeping a gratitude journal.
6. Inspiration - Read and watch inspirational and motivational material to lift your mood.
7. Positive people - Surround yourself with positive people. They will help you stay focused on the positive.
8. Kindness - Be kind to yourself and those around you.
9. Applied faith - Trust that every situation has the seeds for growth and opportunity.
10. Smile - Smile when you see others. Smile when you are talking on the phone. A smile is contagious.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have to admit, I am not the worlds most positive person.
I have no what I would cal best friends that live nearby.  The one person I feel I could run away to if things got too much lives in Swindon - quite a few miles away from me!!!!
Money is the bain of my life.  I have come to realise we will always be in debt and the liklihood of owning our own house is never going to happen.  It just depresses me every time the credit card bills come in.

So today I am having a positive outlook........
- I have laughed with my boys
- I have smiled at my smallest and both seem to have given me loads more hugs and kisses the last couple of days.
- It's only 102 days until Chrstmas ..... which means it's almost the new Year ........ which means New Year resolutions.   This years is not to keep leaching 'friends' who brought me down and to put ME (and the boys obviously) before anyone else.  so far so good.
- I have started my "2 adults, 2 children, 4 weeks and £200 for food" challenge - you can follow my progress here.  Hopefully this will give me a more positive outlook with money by the time the 4 weeks are up and give me some space cash to put on the credit cards :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a sneak preview at Day 14 - September 14th........ Cakes....cakes and more cakes

OHHHHHHH
If I must then........... watch this space to see what cakes me and boys create tomorrow..... I fancy chocolate muffins I think .......... 

No comments:

Post a Comment