Sunday 18 August 2013

BBQ, cars and.......owwww headache

ohhhhhhhh what a DAY!!!!

2 hyperactive kids on their holiday at Grandma's + 1 veryyyy big Boot Sale + a family BBQ + a faulty car (YAY) = one mummy with a VERYYY sore headache.


WOW I had forgotten just how AMAZING Ardleigh Car Boot sale is on a Sunday.  If you live nearby and have never been ........... WHY!!!!
we got there about 9.30/ 10am and it was in full swing.  came away with a couple of bargains; some brio bits for the kids and a t-shirt for DS2 and the 3 Lindsey Kelk books I had been trying to get for 50p each (the local charity shop wanted £2 each!!).

The boot sale 'from space'


Just one word of warning ...... when they say they have 'limited toilet facilities' they are about as clean and well kept as a hole in the ground.  Out of 4 (i think it was) toilets in one portacabin - 2 had no physical flush present!!!

They do have a fantastic (bribery?) entertainment for the children - a HUGE bouncy slide, a bouncy house and a merry-go-round for the kids at £1 a go.

     

back home and lunch eaten it was off to Asda...........uh oh....... the car is making a very strange noise........ohh Mr AA man............

Turns out some sensor has gone in the overheating bit (how techie am I can you tell it's not MY car!!)
So although we were ok for a small journey the trip planned for Thomas Land tomorrow would need to be postponed while we find a man to fix it.

So onwards to the BBQ at my grandparents house.  This was a lovely.......but very noisy........very 'trying' time while the boys played with their cousin.

..............................and now my head hurts so I am going to bed.............

However before I do I think I will start the A-Z of our holiday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment